Oxford County 2CD Democratic Candidates’ Forum (VIDEOS)The fourth public forum between Maine 2nd Congressional District primary candidates State Senate Majority Leader Troy Jackson of Allagash and State Senator Emily Cain of Orono, was held last night in S. Paris, ME.
Previously, the two met in Androscoggin County (Lewiston)- a link here to video clips of that event- Hancock County (Ellsworth) and earlier this week in Aroostook County (Presque Isle) at a televised debate. Link here to WAGM-TV footage and a Storify collection of campaign tweets during that debate.
Hosted by Oxford County Democrats at the Paris Town Office and moderated by selectman Bob Kirchherr, himself the Democratic candidate for House District 73 (Buckfield, Hebron & Paris), the event was a combination of the moderator asking both candidates prepared questions provided by members of the Oxford County Democratic Committee and questions posed by the more than three dozen audience members in attendance.
There will be more opportunities for Maine voters to hear from both candidates, with televised events planned on MPBN and WLBZ and a Washington County Democratic Committee sponsored event hosted in Machias, as well as the 2014 Maine Democratic Party’s convention at Bangor’s Cross Insurance Center on May 30-31.
Here are the full clips from the forum.
1. Introductions at Oxford County 2CD Democratic Candidates’ Forum
2. Oxford County 2CD Democratic Candidates’ Forum Pt 1
1. Maine’s Future
2. East West Highway
3. ACA/ Healthcare
5. Tax cuts for wealthy
6. Lyme disease epidemic, insurance coverage bill
3. Oxford County 2CD Democratic Candidates’ Forum Pt 2
1. Gun control
2. Follow-up, location restrictions
3. Infrastructure and job creation
4. College debt- current and future
4. Oxford County 2CD Democratic Candidates’ Forum Pt 3
1. Opportunity Maine- retaining students post graduation
2. Negative attack ads
3. Economy, unions, past legislative achievements and endorsements by labor
5. Concluding remarks by Emily Cain at Oxford Co Dem 2CD Candidate Forum
6. Concluding remarks by Troy Jackson at Oxford Co Dem 2CD Candidate Forum